Millerhill, Easter and Wester
- MILLERHILL, EASTER and WESTER, villages, in the parish of Newton, county of Edinburgh, 1½ mile (N. W. by N.) from Dalkeith; the one containing 220, and the other 70, inhabitants. They lie in the south-eastern part of the parish, a short distance east of the village of Newton, and are chiefly inhabited by persons engaged in the coal-mines of the district.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.
Look at other dictionaries:
Newton — 1) NEWTON, a village, in the parish of Great Cumbray, Isle and county of Bute; containing 444 inhabitants. It is seated at the head of a capacious and finelysheltered harbour, called Kames bay, where vessels of considerable burthen may have… … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland